Pinole Hercules Little League Code of Conduct
No board member, manager, coach, umpire, volunteer, player, or spectator shall, at any time:
1. Lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or threaten to strike an official.
2. Be guilty of heaping personal verbal or physical abuse upon any official for any real or imaginary belief of a wrong decision or judgment.
3. Be guilty of an objectionable demonstration of dissent at an official’s decision by throwing of gloves, helmets, hats, bats, balls, or any other forceful unsportsmanlike action.
4. Be guilty of using unnecessarily rough tactics in the play of a game against the body of an opposing player.
5. Be guilty of a physical attack upon any board member, manager, coach, umpire, player, or spectator.
6. Be guilty of the use of profane, obscene, or vulgar language in any manner at any time.
7. Appear on the field of play, stands, or anywhere on the Little League complex while in an intoxicated state. Intoxicated will be defined as an odor or behavior issue.
8. Be guilty of gambling upon any play or outcome of any game with anyone at any time.
9. Smoke while in the stands or on the playing field or in any dugout. Smoking will only be permitted in designated areas outside of Little League complex.
10.Be guilty of publicly discussing with spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any play, decision, or opinion on any players during the game.
11.As a manager or coach, be guilty of mingling with or fraternizing with spectators during the game.
12.Speak disrespectfully to any manager, coach, official or representative of the league.
13.Be guilty of tampering or manipulating any league rosters, schedules, draft positions or selections, official scorebooks, rankings, financial records, or procedures.
14.Challenge an umpire’s authority. The umpires shall have the authority and discretion during a game to penalize the offender according to the infraction up to and including expulsion from the game.
The Board of Directors will review all infractions of the Code of Conduct. Depending on the seriousness or frequency, the board may assess additional disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the league.